Internship - Risk Management - Environmental Health & Safety - Engineering /Earth Sciences
At Johns Manville we work hard to develop products that respect the environment. We are committed to providing a safe and positive workplace for our employees. We continually evaluate what's working and what needs to change. We are seeking a 2018 summer intern who is as passionate as we are to join our Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) team In this role, the intern will work with one of our corporate environmental managers and participate in a variety of activities such as training plant personnel, permitting, evaluations, waste characterizations and more. This internship will offer an in depth look at what's it's like to work in EH&S for a large manufacturer.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Engineering or one of the Natural Science (emphasis on Air or Water, or other Earth Sciences).
- Completed at least sophomore year of undergraduate course work and enrolled in classes for Fall 2018.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Math skills
- Ability to travel
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to influence decisions.
- Valid driver's license.
The Johns Manville Internship Program is designed to provide challenging and fulfilling work in your area of expertise. We also offer additional opportunities from community service events, social outings, and intern seminars to allow you to give back, network, and gain a broader understanding of JM and its functions. We take a holistic approach to your development and are committed to providing a valuable experience for both you and the company. At the conclusion of the summer, all interns will have the opportunity to present their achievements to functional leaders at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado. We encourage you to find out why interning with us is such a rewarding experience by checking out the internship page on our website