Environmental Graphic Designer - PxWe
Arts & Graphics - Environmental Graphic Designer, Powered by We
About The Role
WeWork is looking for an environmental graphic designer with 2+ years experience to help conceive, define and execute environmental graphics and art installations for our Powered by We interior spaces as a member of our Art & Graphics (@wearelunchmoney) and interior design teams.
Powered by We (PxWe) brings WeWork’s expertise designing, building, and operating WeWork locations around the globe to our customers’ own office space and delivering an environment that reflects their unique culture, values, and brand. With PxWe, WeWork will be able to take on more large and high-profile projects, growing our Enterprise customer base and extending our global community beyond WeWork’s own portfolio of spaces. This role will help with the production of everything from wayfinding graphics, to hand painted murals, to custom wallpaper patterns and neon signage. Part of the work will be installation-based. Strong hands-on art and design skills are required — i.e. painting, drawing, or other means of creating design in physical spaces, as well as using tools, ladders, etc. You will assist in managing relationships with vendors and manufacturers, ensuring the ordering and organization of materials and samples, and interfacing with clients, freelancers and local artists. You must also have experience in traditional graphic design.
WeWork design is a global team composed of experienced and talented designers, engineers and architects. We are dedicated to creating exceptional co-working spaces where our members will work better together. With locations on almost all continents, this is a great opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in the world.
- Manage personal work flow and schedule
- Reports to the regional Art & Graphics Lead, while working with the Head of Art & Graphics, Creative Director and Interior Designers to execute the overall design intent for each space
- Stay up to date with contemporary art, graphic, and interior design trends
- Be an engaged member of both the graphic design and interior design team. Bring fresh ideas to meetings and be willing to go the extra mile to help team members.
- Collaborate in the design of environmental art & graphics with your regional team
- Assist in the installation of graphic and art projects — whether that be hand painting, assisting team members, or finding the right vendor or local artist
- Strong interest in interior design, art, and installation design
- 2+ years experience in professional graphic design field
- Experience with designing for multiple clients in a fast paced environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of art and design principles
- Clear communicator and efficient designer
- Very proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Comfortable translating design into physical installation work via hand-painting, spray paint, stenciling, wheatpasting, etc.
- Able to reference past WeWork projects and the overall brand aesthetic while creating work for new PxWe spaces.
- Fluent in English & the local language
Who You Are
- Creative, adventurous, hungry; ready to roll your sleeves up to get dirty
- Passionate about collaborating and rolling out the absolute best work
- You have impeccable taste in all things design and art
- An interest in interior design, installation graphics, and large scale artwork
- Great sense of humor
- Gets happy and excited that no two days are the same
- Loves working with numerous people day to day
- Never take yourself too seriously
Candidates must submit a proper portfolio in order to be considered for the position.