Environmental Campaign - Community Outreach - Marketing - Political Science
The Mt. St. Helens area is facing increased threats from logging, mining and climate change. We need to make the public aware of these threats and get people involved in saving our National Forest from destruction.
If you’re an energetic individual who is passionate about the environment, enjoys working outside and meeting new people, we’d like to meet you. The Cascade Forest Conservancy is looking for someone like you to join our outreach team! Your job will be to have face-to-face conversations with people at their homes, where you'll tell them about our work and give them the opportunity to have their voices heard on decisions affecting our National Forest. You'll learn how to communicate important messages to the public in a way that gets results.
For over 30 years, the Cascade Forest Conservancy has worked to preserve and sustain the forests, streams, wildlife and communities of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. You'll work directly for us, and join a team of passionate forest advocates. More than ever, we need people like you to speak up for our iconic wild forest!
- Engage potential members in informative conversation.
- Persuade potential donors to financially support the Cascade Forest Conservancy’s programs.
- Drive the team to outreach locations on a rotating schedule. (Mileage is reimbursed at $.50/mile.)
- Be energetic, with strong communication skills, a proven work ethic, and a desire to proudly represent us in the Portland/Vancouver metro area.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current driver’s license, and access to a car with valid insurance.
- Professional appearance and attitude toward your work.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Driver's License
Required work authorization:
- United States