ENVIRONMENTAL AND SAFETY TECHNICIAN
Position: Environmental/Health/Safety/Security Specialist
Department: Safety and Security Full-Time/Part-Time: Full
Location: Okmulgee, OK FLSA: Exempt
Reports to (Title): Safety Manager Job Code: AD64
PACCAR WINCH INC is a wholly owned subsidiary of PACCAR, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. PACCAR WINCH INC manufactures high quality industrial winches, hoists and drives for the oil/gas, construction, utility and specialty markets. PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. Our business is growing and we are seeking an experienced Environmental & Safety Specialist. This position also assumes additional responsibilities regarding plant security as well. This position is located in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. Our facility is located at 1204 West 20th Street Okmulgee, OK 74447. Benefits include: 401K with 5% matching, medical insurance, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. Company provided disability coverage as well as 12 paid holidays and paid vacation. PACCAR Winch does require applicants to complete a background check, drug test, and pre-employment physical as a condition of employment. Our goal is for all employees to work safely without injury, maintaining the highest safety standards in compliance with Company safety policies.
EOE/Disabled/Vets If accommodation required, contact HR at Winch.Jobs@paccar.com
Manages environmental, health, safety and security management systems/programs at the plant level, and provides all levels of management with support and technical service.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Establishes uniform method of investigation and recording accident and environmental incident experience.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce formal environmental compliance plans, procedures and documentation including ISO 14001, Zero Waste to Landfill, air quality requirements/permits, wastewater discharge, hazardous waste, universal waste, SARA, SPCC, and SWPPP.
- Schedule, profile, track and supervise waste disposal activities for compliance and maintenance of zero waste to landfill status.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce formal safety and occupational health compliance plans, procedures and documentation including OHSAS 18001, Emergency Plans, Energy Control, Hot Work, Roof Access, Fall Protection, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, etc. and their associated training programs etc.
- Oversee third party contractors and consultants as they relate to environmental and safety activities.
- Assists with various environmental, safety, health, and security audits (internal and external).
- Leads plant safety committees; devises and/or conducts safety programs, and conducts training to
- promote safety consciousness.
- Sets goals to help in attaining performance standards based on analysis of record, hazard level, and
- industry experience; maintains knowledge of applicable laws and ensures compliance.
- Inspects facilities and methods periodically, coordinating with various inspectors and consulting with
- Supervisors to recommend preventative or corrective measures relating to procedures, rules, machinery
- or layout, environmental issues, and/or personal protective equipment.
- Coordinates with medical counsel in detection and prevention of occupational illness, return to work, pre-
- employment physical screening, and related activities.
- Processes injury claims and participates with legal and/or insurance counsel in presenting information for hearings, investigations or other resulting actions.
- Responsible for the security of buildings and property.
- Other responsibilities as needed based on environmental, safety, health, and security initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Safety and Hygiene or related field;
- Three to four years closely related experience in similar industry;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and Velocity Safety Management Software a plus.
- Familiar with environmental and safety regulations.
- Familiar with incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Working knowledge of wastewater discharge (POTW) procedures
- Ability to understand and interpret plant facilities drawings.
- Hazardous materials training and/or experience.
- Experience with Toxic Release Inventory TRI Form R reporting
- Familiar with Large Quantity Hazardous Waste Generator Site Reporting
- Familiar with paint booth emissions - Air Quality Reporting
- Familiar with Storm water reporting
- Familiar with Safety & Environmental training requirements
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
PACCAR Winch is a manufacturer of industrial winches. Employee is working around heavy machinery. Employees must be able to operate safely in a busy industrial environment. Additional physical requirements include standing, walking, bending 90% of the time. Ability to squat, kneel on both knees, bend forward at the waist and hold hands above head.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required