Enviromental Health & Safety (EHS) Professional
Scope of work:
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professional will preform environmental compliance and industrial hygiene duties for the MARTA Office of Safety to assist with the Environmental Health & Safety Unit's day-to-day compliance responsibilities. The professional will conduct EHS inspections, audits, training sessions, hazardous material surveys, indoor environmental quality assessments, and other related duties as assigned. The Professional will assist the EHS Unit with data collection and metrics; documentation management and control; and writing reports, procedures, compliance plans, and educational materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences, Industrial Hygiene or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years or experience in environmental compliance, remediation, industrial hygiene, and or hazardous material management.
- Must have experience conducting EHS inspections and audits.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-Hour training and current certification is required.
- Professional Geologist
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Asbestos Inspector
- Associate Safety Professional
- Certified Safety Professional
- Certified Industrial Hygienist
Job Type: Contract
- Enviromental Compliance, remediation, industrial hygiene: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Atlanta, GA (Required)
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER (Required)