Deputy Director Health, Safety & Environment
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Deputy Director Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE), are to:
- Manage the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of all HSE related programs, policies and procedures in accordance with applicable Federal, State and local environmental and safety regulations, Company policies and procedures for the protection of the environment and employee safety at all covered locations and associated commercial operations;
- Act as the champion for the organization to strive for HSE excellence and support the continuous improvement efforts for all HSE related management systems;
- Serve as the lead HSE representative for the Radiology business within the greater Bayer organization, as well as external organizations;
- Act as a liaison with governmental agencies, industry associations, Global and Regional HSE colleagues, and the local community regarding site safety and environmental issues;
- Coordinate and work closely with Site Heads, leadership teams, and HSE personnel to establish cost effective and appropriate measures to comply with safety and environmental regulations and to realize established objectives;
- Monitor regulatory activity for new and emerging regulations and requirements and interpret these regulations as they relate to covered operations and personnel;
- Ensure all appropriate environmental permits are properly maintained for covered sites;
- Develop, implement and foster programs that contribute to and further the Corporate Sustainable Development efforts;
- Ensure systems are in place to manage occupational health, safety, emergency response, and security aspects of site operations;
- Ensure that all covered sites are well equipped to handle potential emergency situations.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. Degree in Environmental or Safety discipline;
- Twelve to fifteen years of direct experience in a Health, Safety and Environmental role within a manufacturing business;
- Demonstrated ability to direct, organize, plan and control all activities in functional areas in order to successfully execute responsibilities, accomplish objectives and achieve expected performance;
- Strong interpersonal communication, motivation and developmental skills are required to successfully interact with departmental management, technical, professional, and regulatory personnel;
- Risk Management skills to identify and mitigate risks to the business;
- Crisis management skills to manage overall emergency operations to protect site personnel, property and the public and minimize any adverse regulatory or public relations impacts.
- Advanced Degree in Business Administration or M.S. in Environmental or Safety Discipline Professional Certification as CSP, CIH, or similar.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States